Procrastiblogging

Now that the university semester's starting again and I've got a hundred million things to do, you'll be seeing a lot more posts from me. Nothing brings out my blogging side faster than a shit load of university assessments, that's for sure. So I guess it's a good thing I've got a backlog of holiday adventures to churn out.

Last week was a strange week for me. It was a combination of end-of-holidays YOLO destructiveness + energy depletion. I was torn between wanting to soak up every last bit of excitement possible and also just being too tired to actually do anything. When I went out, I felt like I was half-heartedly going through the motions but staying home made me restless and anxious. In the end, I kind of just subscribed to the philosophy that doing something was better than doing nothing so out I went.

I wish I had some photos to remember last week by but looking back, the majority of them seem to be of food. I promise that I actually did spend the week doing something besides eat.


Pretty sure I've said this like a million times but the best part of fastBREAK is the free food and freshly-brewed coffee from our sponsors. 



After the event and debrief, the Vibewire team went to Macchiato Pizza Bar & Grill for lunch. Food wasn't too pricey and pretty filling. (And that's about all the description you're going to get from me - I don't have the patience to become a food blogger. Food is food and sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not.)


You'd think that after getting free breakfast and then lunch right after, we'd be full. Hahahahahah no. You, my friend, have sorely underestimated the stomach capacity of a couple of hungry interns with cash to spare. Off to Surry Hills we went for Messina Gelato! 


So fastBREAK was on Friday morning and after I basically ate my way through Sydney, I took the train home to prepare for work later that night. My class went from 7-8:30 pm and as soon as it ended, I was out the door and jumping back on the train to head once again to the city for The Big Lift reunion. 

We partied it up hard that night and I suppose part of me was also trying to work all of the restlessness out of my system before university started. From experience, not making the most out of the last couple of days means I spend the first few weeks of uni in a state of denial. It's not good for me, it's not good for my grades and fo' sho' it's not good for my wallet. 

It worked because when I woke up the next morning, I felt calm and ready to buckle down and focus on what's important. 

Or maybe that was just Darling Harbour at 10 am putting me in a good mood because guuuurl would ya lookee dat. 


Skip forward to Monday and I met up with my girlies at Darling Harbour (yes, again) for dinner at The Meat & Wine Co. We had a bit of pre-dinner fun at the playground while waiting for the whole group and it was just nice to hang out in each other's company. As a group, I always feel like we don't have much to talk about. Half of it is because some of us are very reserved and the other half probably comes from the way our lives have diverged since high school. But that's not a criticism of anything. I love hanging out with my girls because our history together makes it feel so easy and natural.


I feel like they're plotting the murder of someone as opposed to figuring out what to have for dinner.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts