21 and Onwards

So a couple of things have happened since I last posted (oh about a month ago or something). I turned 21 and realised a couple of things:

  • No magical age fairy visits you on your 21st to bestow upon you any new skills or wisdom
  • I am still terribly inept at "adult-ing"
  • And the only reason a 21st needs to be celebrated here in Australia is so that people pay for your drinks the entire night...which is enough reason, really. 
You'll be glad to know that it didn't rain on the day of the party though. The weather gods probably read my last post and were so impressed by my A+ use of the Martin Freeman gif that they decided to cut me some slack. Here are some pictures to prove that the BBQ didn't turn into a sandy sludge-fest.


Nancy in this makes it my favourite photo

In all seriousness though, that was probably one of the best days of my year, despite all the stress that happened in its lead-up. I have to admit that I was worried about how everyone would get along, considering I'd invited people from all different social groups but I'd clearly underestimated the social bonding potential that is beach volleyball and BBQ food.

I also celebrated on the actual day of my birthday by going to high tea with my cousin. By the way guys, high tea is fucking amazing. I was a bit sceptical before I went, thinking that tiny cakes would do nothing for my appetite but the one I went to at the QVB Tearoom was really generous with their sandwiches and pastries.


I also spent a couple of days in Canberra for a Mock United Nations conference where I talked about cross-border sex trafficking on behalf of Nepal. Now that was a huge learning experience. I don't really have the energy to go into the specifics of that weekend and all the stuff I got up to but I will say that it was an intense couple of days (emotionally and physically). There was also a particular talk on refugees that I went to that had a lasting impact on me but I feel like that experience deserves its own blog post.  

Again, please have some photos to compensate for my lack of recounting. 


Canberra itself is uh...nice. It's small and there isn't terribly much to do but it's...nice.

I've also been working very hard to procrastinate as much as is possible without crossing the line into actually failing my assessments. It's that time of the semester where I've a got a million and one things due and the willpower to do absolute none of them. So I've been to the beach, had catch-up dinners with friends, done some other uni things, spent some fun nights out and watched unhealthy amounts of YouTube in these last few weeks. Not that that's necessarily a change in routine for me though.



Anyway, so that's what I've been up to these last couple of weeks when I'm not at the daily grind. There's been some other stuff going on in my life but I think that's better saved for actual face-to-face conversation. So hit me up if y'all free. I'm always up for anything that doesn't involve writing essays or studying for my next language exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts