Odds & Ends

In the holidays, I killed a man and hid his body in the children's playground at my local park. I'm surprised no-one has discovered it yet.

Okay, I didn't really kill a man. I just needed an eye-catching first sentence for the preview of this post.

So just a bit of housekeeping:

  • If you want to follow this blog (bless you if you do), the best thing to do would probably be to click the 'Join this site' button and connect using your Google or Twitter account
  • You can also click the Facebook Like button but as far as I know, that won't notify you of posts or anything. A little bit redundant if you ask me but hey, it'll make me feel loved?
Partly the reason why I started a new blog was because I found this nice template. I liked the nifty banner thingy at the top and had fun rearranging the layout from scratch. I still really love it but we are now entering the post-honeymoon phase of our relationship and some of the little things are starting to bug me. 

For example, the image previews for each post look great on the homepage but in terms of getting people to read the actual post, it's not exactly effective. Some people (like me) are too lazy to click on a 'read more' link so we skim the first sentence to see if it's worth the bother. It makes me feel like I should start each post with "I fell pregnant over the holidays" or "Guess whose nudes I stumbled across on facebook?".

Speaking of first sentences, WHY DOES THE TEMPLATE AUTOMATICALLY CONVERT IT INTO SHOUTY CAPS ON THE FRONT PAGE. It looks so.....obnoxious or aggressive. It's like CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK MEEEEEEEEEEEH.

From now on, every post also needs to be accompanied by a suitable image in landscape-orientation. Otherwise, it doesn't generate a 'read article' link (and also messes up with the aesthetics of the homepage). I have no idea what I'm going to use as the graphic for this post. I suppose I should find one. 


I picked it because it goes well with my opening sentence.


Finally, this isn't a complaint but a heads up. I've included a blog roll on the left hand side of my blog. If I've linked yours there and you would rather I remove or rename it, then just shoot me a message. If I've been an inconsiderate twit and didn't link you to the list, please let me know as well. It's probably just because I wasn't aware you also read my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts